Gershwin Theatre Rules
Doors open 45 minutes before show time. This allocation is to allow time for security and bag inspection on your way in. Thus, we highly recommend patrons to arrive no less than 15 minutes before show time.
Worried that you will be late? The seating procedure for latecomers varies by seat section. In general, late patrons who are seated in the orchestra may be held in the lobby until approximately twenty minutes after the performance begins. They are then escorted directly to their seats by an usher.
- Luggage, shopping bags, and other large packages will not be checked or allowed inside.
- Photography or recording of any kind during the performance is strictly prohibited.
- Children under 5 will not be permitted in the theatre; all patrons, regardless of age, need a ticket.
- The Gershwin Theatre offers soft drinks, water, cocktails and candy 45 minutes before the show and during intermission. Bars are located on the front orchestra and mezzanine levels. Visit the bar before the show to pre-order your intermission drinks! Please note, outside food and beverages are not allowed.
- Performance merchandise is available in the upper lobby 45 minutes before show time, during intermission, immediately after the show or anytime online.
- Audio translations are available in seven languages, for a small fee. Just go to the second-floor stand located across from the bar on the house-right side.
We ask you to be mindful and respectful of other guests and those around you.
and of course Rule #1 …. Enjoy the show!